Friday, February 1, 2008

Caramel

At work we have a table full of junk food and little can to drop money in. On the table today, in addition to the regularly appearing chips and candy bars, are little cups of caramel to be used for dipping apples. I would like to eat the little cup of caramel, whether a not an apple is involved.

Last night Mary made delicious Turkey Chili. It was spicy and tasty and I ate two bowls of it. I also ate two pieces of cornbread. Oh yea, and about 5 O'Henry Bars and 2 fish-shaped gingerbread cookies. It was all really good. I also felt pretty awful about myself after eating it all. Maggie says I should stop eating so much at one time. I kind of agree with her. I wish food wasn't so good.

Tomorrow my brother is coming out here and we're gonna go to lunch. I feel a kharmic obligation to eat healthily, but also in the presense of my brother i will feel like eating tons of not-so-good-for-you food. I had mentioned to him Bass Pro Shop, which has delicious seafood, which tends to be healthier. I also mentioned Quaker Steak & Lube, which has wings and all kind of awful for you food. But they also have a salad with a grilled chicken breast thats fairly large and filling. Then I also said maybe Wagoners, which is a barbecue place and pretty much all they have is Ribs and other shit slathered in barbecue sauce. I may opt for Bass Pro Shop, because the only stuff I shouldn't eat on the menu is stuff I wouldn't normally get from a seafood place anyways, like fried stuff or hamburgers or steaks. I could go with a tuna steak or even some other kind of grilled fish and be good. so long as i stay away from the fries. Here's to hopin'.

No comments: