Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Close Encounters of The Cake Kind

So Maggie and I have adopted a the Weight Watchers method of counting points. Today is the first day, and i've already got more than enough points for a decent dinner.

I ate a combination of Peach Yogurt, Walnuts, Banana and Dried Blueberries for breakfast. All of that was 11 points, so tomorrow i'll replace that with just yogurt and 3/4 of a cup of Nature's Path Organic Flax cereal, which is alot more delicious than it sounds.

In between breakfast and lunch I two piece of Stretch Island Fruit Co. Fruit Leather. I got a giant box of them at Costco for 10 dollars. 48 pieces, 6 flavors. Amazingly delicious.

For lunch work bought Jimmy Johns for my department, Maggie and I each got a Vito, like an Italian Sub, but instead of bread, we got an "Unwich" which is basically the same thing as a sandwich, only wrapped in lettuce instead of bread. a Vito Unwich at Jimmy Johns is only 6.5 points! If we were to have that on bread, it would have 13.5. So we had that and we split a can of soup (4 points, split in 2, so 2 points a piece) and a pickle which was 0 points!

I am also remarkably full. Which is the first time thats happened since we started.

Last night we ran into issues during dinner. Maggie made nummers Turkey Burgers. I had one on hearty rye bread with a slice of low-fat cheese. I also ate a ton of salad, probably half the giant bowl myself. I finished it off with what should have been a half piece of veggie lasagna, but ended up being the entire piece. I should have stopped at half, but it was too tasty. I think i'm okay though. At least it wasn't as bad as for reals meaty lasagna. But I must remember: too much of a good thing is a bad thing.

I also picked up some Carrot Juice at Costco for relatively cheap. I used to drink it when I was little, and I thought I would still like it alot. Its okay, but I'm not sure i'll be able to finish it all by the expiration date. Especially since no else in the house will drink it. I think i may end up using to make a soup or something.

Today was someones birthday at work, so they always bring in food. Mostly sweets and today was no exception. There is half of a chocolate cake (my kryptonite) covered in whipped cream frosting (my red kryptonite) sitting on the table in the break room. Holy fuck do I want a piece. But Maggie is my rock and she's keeping me away. I love her too much to piss her off by eating cake. Cake is really good though. Really good. Damn it.

No comments: