Sunday, February 3, 2008

Pacski

Today i think i did okay. For lunch I ate a bunch of salad, some mashed potatoes, carrots and a piece of veggie lasagna. I may have had a little too many mashed potatoes though. I also had two smallish pieces of nut roll for dessert.
Since its close to Mardi Gras, for some reason, there are pacskis every where. We had some at home today. For those who don't know what a pascki is, its basically a jelly donut, only covered in powdered sugar, as opposed to regular sugar. They come with all different filling, raspberry, apricot, strawberry, cheese etc. etc. They're fucking delicious. There was a giant box of them, and still is, sitting on our counter in the kitchen. I want to eat those so fucking bad, we're supposed to be taking them to work tomorrow so hopefully someone there will eat them and spare me the agony.
For dinner I had the remainder of the salad we had made for lunch, and i heated up two veggie burgers. It was pretty tasty. The Dr. California Veggie Burgers from Costco are fucking awesome, and i dont even mind that they come out a bit soggy when microwaved. I can't wait to try and grill them come spring and summer.
For dessert i had some peach yogurt mixed with kashi granola and some honey. It so delicious. After i finished we watched the super bowl half-time show for a bit. All during the half-time show all i could think about was wanting to eat more yogurt. I could still taste in my mouth and my stomach was screaming at me. I knew I had eaten enough, but still, I really felt like I NEEDED to have more. Maybe Maggie is right, its all about portion control for me. Eating yogurt for dessert is better than eating a pacski, but eating too much yogurt couldn't be a good thing.

No comments: