Monday, February 18, 2008

Valentines + Weekend

I had a great Valentines. As usual, Maggie got me some kick ass gifts, including the Vampire Weekend CD, the Juno Soundtrack and best of all: a kick ass drummer robot tin toy! Fucking awesome.

On thursday we made our weekly trek to Chicago to watch Lost with Tom and Mary and crew, that was kind of our Valentines Day "going out". Mary made tasty soup, of which I had only one bowl, though I desperately wanted more. She also made Angel Food cake and fresh fruit for dessert, which was fantastic and tasty.

On Friday I did the yogurt thing again for breakfast and had a microwavable healthy choice dinner for lunch. We ate dinner a bit early, I had a "steak salad", basically a sald with a piece of steak slapped on top of it. It was good and it filled me up. Though the steak was fried, which I wasn't prepared for. We then returned to Chicago Friday evening to meet Maggie's Dad at the Auto Show. We don't plan on getting a new car any time soon, but it's always good to keep an eye out. I'm digging alot of the smaller vehicles, like the Toyota Yaris, Kia Rondo and the Suzuki SX4 Sport. Suprisingly, I fit in them this year, which is encouraging. I tabbed my points to around 28-30 for the day, which is under my 35 point high limit, but past my lower limit, which I've managed to stay under for most of the week.

The rest of the weekend was difficult because we had work engagements that involved plated meals. We kept it simple during the day to save most of our points for dinner. Which was okay, the best part being the carrot cake. Sunday I ate tons and tons of fruit for breakfast, as well as a little bit of eggs, potatoes, 1 slice of bacon and 1 slice of french toast, just to fulfill my traditional breakfast desire for them. I then cheated a bit and had a soft pretzel and mustard for a snack a bit later during our work meeting. When I got home I ate tons of salad and broccoli, and then we ate popcorn a bit later. I didn't calculate my points, but I figured it was pretty high.

I'm only at 5 points so far today and I can feel my tumbly a-grumblin' and it looks like its lunch time soon. Another Healthy Choice again. I'm not sure what we're having for dinner though.

Oh, BTW, the Weight Watcher Cookies and Creme Ice Cream Bars are fucking delicious. They put anything good humor has to shame.

No comments: